TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Guests staying at any CimmaronStJohn managed property will be responsible for reading, understanding and abiding by the following Terms and Conditions. We are committed to making sure that your vacation on St. John is a completely safe and enjoyable occasion and adherence to these policies will insure that your vacation will be a time of fun filled memories of our wonderful island. Questions or comments relating to these policies should be directed to CimmaronStJohn by calling (340) 715-2666 or sent by email to email@example.com.
RENTAL REQUIREMENTS: The person placing the reservation is the person signing the Vacation Rental Agreement with CimmaronStJohn (“Agent”). This person (referred to as “Guest”) must be over the age of 25 and is considered to be the guest at the vacation home (“Property”). All other persons involved with the rental are considered to be the Guest’s invitees, and all discussion regarding reservation, cancellation, and damage policies will be discussed with the Guest only. Guest shall be liable for all acts of Guest’s invitees or other persons invited onto the property by Guest. Guest may not sublet or assign the Rental Agreement or hold parties or other events at the Property.
RENTAL CONFIRMATION AND PAYMENTS: To enable Agent to speak with guest about the Property being reserved, Agent will place the Property on a 24-hour HOLD prior to confirming Guest booking. At the expiration of 24 hours, if payment of the 50% Rental Deposit (or, if less than sixty (60) days prior to check-in date, the Full Amount), has not been received along with a completed Vacation Rental Agreement acknowledging Guest’s review and acceptance of the “Terms & Conditions”, the reservation will not be confirmed and the HOLD will be canceled. If Guest receives confirmation more than sixty (60) prior to the check-in date, the Remaining Balance is due on or before sixty (60) days prior to the check-in date. No grace period will apply for payment of the Remaining Balance and failure to make final payment on a timely basis will make reservation subject to automatic cancellation.
SECURITY DEPOSIT WAIVER FEE: Agent requires a Guest Security Deposit Waiver Fee (“Waiver Fee”) which covers accidental, unintentional damages to the Property that may occur during Guest’s stay up to the limits of coverage indicated at booking. For damages to be covered by the Waiver Fee, they must be disclosed by Guest to Agent prior to check-out. The Waiver Fee will cover the cost of repair or replacement for damages reported up to the maximum Waiver Fee coverage. The Waiver Fee does not cover any damages that exceed the Waiver Fee coverage limit benefit, any lost or damaged personal property of Guest or Guest’s invitees, nor any of the Additional Fees listed in these Terms & Conditions. If any costs or fees are incurred, including attorney’s fees, which are not covered by or are beyond the Waiver Fee coverage, Guest agrees to authorize Agent to charge the Guest credit card on file for the additional costs
CHECK IN / CHECK OUT: Check in time is at 3:00 pm or after on date of arrival. Check out time is 10:00 am or before on date of departure. There is no deviation from this policy unless approved by Agent in advance of arrival or departure.
CONDITION OF PROPERTY: The Property is thoroughly cleaned prior to Guest check-in and is furnished and equipped with bed linens, bath and beach towels, beach chairs, coolers, TV, WIFI, kitchen appliances, cookware and utensils, an initial supply of soap and paper goods, etc. Other amenities vary per property. The only items which can be removed from the Property are beach towels, beach chairs and coolers and they must be returned to the Property after each use. Please do not rearrange the furniture. Normal wear and tear and laundering of linens at departure excepted, the Property shall be in the same condition upon departure as at check-in.
EMERGENCIES AND SERVICE INTERRUPTIONS: Agent strives to make Guest’s stay worry-free. In the event of an emergency or maintenance problem during the stay, it is the Guest’s responsibility to immediately contact the Agent’s office during normal office hours or after hours call Agent’s technician for service and assistance. Agent is not responsible for unexpected failures of island utility service providers over which is has no control (including satellite/cable TV, internet, electricity, telephone), nor for mechanical failures (including, but not limited to, air conditioning, hot tub, appliances). Agent will make every effort to expedite any necessary repairs, but no refund or rate adjustment will be given for unforeseen failures/interruptions of services or systems. Some major cell phone providers offer service on St. John although service may be spotty and Agent will not guarantee service will work at some locations on the island nor that roaming charges will not be incurred. Guest should contact their service provider prior to arrival to determine if service is available in the US Virgin Islands and if roaming charges will apply.
ENTRY INTO PROPERTY: Agent’s maintenance staff, housekeeping staff, or other service personnel may enter the Property at reasonable times to perform any necessary repairs and will make every effort provide service with minimum disturbance to the Guest. If the Property is listed for sale, Agent will contact the Guest to schedule a showing at a time convenient to the Guest.
SAFETY AND SECURITY: Guest will be given keys to the Property and a key or combination bode for the safe. Guest will be solely responsible for locking the Property and for the safeguarding of their personal property.
CONSERVATION: Water is precious on St. John and electricity costs are very high. Guest agrees not to leave water running, to immediately report any leaky plumbing or ‘running’ toilets, and to turn air conditioners off when out of the rooms, when doors/windows are open, or when away from the Property.
DRUGS AND HAZARDOUS MATERIALS: Guest and Guest’s invitees are not permitted to bring illegal substances or hazardous materials to the Property.
WEDDINGS, PARTIES, EVENTS AND QUIET ENJOYMENT: Parties or functions are not allowed at the Property without the prior WRITTEN permission of Agent. Guest is advised that noise travels easily and that it is important to be respectful of others at all times. There is a noise curfew beginning at 10:00 pm in all residential areas on St. John and Guest is expected to comply with this law.
ADDITIONAL FEES: The following additional fees may be incurred by Guests and are not covered by Damage Protections Insurance:
- ARRIVALS: Agent provides one complimentary arrival for Guest which includes meeting at the dock and escorting Guest to the Property. Guest may schedule additional arrivals, if needed, for a fee of $60 each. If Guest arrives on St. John after 10 pm or on a major holiday, there is a $50 late arrival fee.
- DAMAGES NOT COVERED BY POLICY: If unreported damages are found at Guest departure or damages in excess of the Policy benefit are incurred, Guest agrees to (1) authorize Agent to charge the Guest credit card on file, or (2) issue an e-check , to cover costs of same, including attorney’s fees.
- DISTURBANCE: If there is excessive noise or music following the 10 pm curfew, any illegal activity, or evidence of violation of these Terms & Conditions, Guest and Guest’s invitees may be asked to vacate the Property without any refund and additional charges may be assessed.
- HOLDOVER: If Guest stays at the Property, without permission in advance, after 10:00 am check-out time, Agent is authorized to remove Guest’s personal belongs from the Property and Guest will incur a minimum $60 fee.
- KEYS: Guest agrees to pay a $75 fee for lost Property keys and $100 minimum fee (more if locksmith required) for lost safe keys.
- LOST AND FOUND: Agent will attempt to locate any items that Guest reports as being left behind as soon as possible after Guest notification. Guest will incur a $25 fee, plus postage, for returning items by U.S. Priority Mail.
- MAID SERVICE: If Guest’s stay meets or exceeds the minimum stay requirement there is no charge to Guest for the arrival and departure cleans. If Guest’s stay is for less than the minimum stay requirement, cleaning fees are included in the Rental Amount. Mid-stay cleaning service is provided at selected villas. Additional maid service is available if scheduled with Agent in advance at the rate of $25 per hour with a 3 hour per-day minimum.
- PETS: Pets are not allowed. If a pet is found on the property, a $100 fee will be incurred along with the immediate removal of the pet and/or eviction of the Guest along with forfeit of rental payments.
- PLUMBING: The Property septic system is sensitive, but limiting the amount of toilet paper used and not flushing feminine products will help prevent a clog and keep the septic system running properly. If maintenance is called to unclog toilet paper or feminine products in a toilet, a minimum $75 fee will be incurred.
- SMOKING: Smoking is not permitted inside the Property. If smoking inside the Property is detected or cigarette butts are found on the patios, decks, or grounds following Guest departure, Guest agrees to pay a $250 fee (plus additional housekeeping, if required).
- TELEPHONE CALLS: All local calls (St. John, St. Thomas and St. Croix) are free on the Property phone. A calling card (available in local markets) must be used for long distance calls on the Property phone or Guest will incur a $50 fee, plus long distance fees incurred.
- TRASH REMOVAL: There is no curbside trash collection service on St. John. Exterior trash containers are provided at selected properties and dumpsters are located along the roadways. Guest is expected to remove trash from the Property regularly and deposit it in the trash disposal location indicated by their greeter. A $50 minimum fee will be charged if removal of excessive trash from the Property is required following Guest departure.
- UNAUTHORIZED PERSONS: Unauthorized guests at the Property at any time will result in a charge for each additional guest or a maximum occupancy charge (whichever is greater) plus additional cleaning fees.
- ASSUMPTION OF RISK: Various activities while staying at the Property and vacationing on St. John include inherent risks to person and property. Diving or jumping into a pool or Jacuzzi may result in head, neck, or spinal injuries or drowning, swimming in the ocean or other water activities such as scuba diving, snorkeling, deep-sea fishing, boating, surfing, boogie boarding may cause injury or drowning. Slip and fall on hiking trails may cause injury. Guest and Guest’s invitees may also encounter the following risks: slippery floors and stairs, especially when wet, decks/balconies with spaces between rails (dangerous for little children), precipitous drop-offs on ocean floor, un-fenced pools, gas BBQ grills, clean/clear sliding glass doors, and uneven stair steps or pathways. This list is not all-inclusive, but indicates some of the hazards which may be found. Guest and Guest’s invitees agree that they are voluntarily participating in any and all activities, risks, and use of the accommodations, and hereby assume all risk of injury, illness, damage or loss to person and property that might result, including, without limitation, any loss or theft of personal property.
- LIABILITY/INDEMNIFICATION/HOLD HARMLESS: Agent and the owner of the Property are not liable for loss, damage of property, or injury to Guest or Guest’s invitees during Guest’s stay on the Property. Guest agrees (1) to release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue Agent and the owner of the Property, their officers, staff, agents, employees, or assigns for any liability, claim and/or cause of action, including cost of defense, arising out of or related to any loss, damage or injury, including death, that may be sustained by Guest, Guest’s invitees, or to any property belonging to Guest or Guest’s invitees arising out of use of the Property; (2) Guest and Guest’s invitees agree to indemnify and hold harmless Agent and the owner of the Property, their officers, staff, agents, employees, or assigns from and against all claims, suits, damages, costs, losses, and expenses arising from injury to any person or property occurring on or about the Property.
WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS: Any exceptions to the terms of the Vacation Rental Agreement and these Terms & Conditions must be approved by Agent in advance and in writing.
BINDING EFFECT: The terms of the Vacation Rental Agreement and these Terms & Conditions become binding upon the Guest and Guest invitees upon Agent’s receipt of Guest’s initial payment.
We realize that occasionally travel plans must be changed and Cimmaron Property Management, Inc/CimmaronStJohn (“Agent”) wants to be as flexible as possible when dealing with unforeseen changes to travel plans. The purchase of travel protection insurance (available through Agent) can safeguard your travel purchase from many unforeseen circumstances. Below is a summary of our Cancellation Policy as it relates to prepaid rental reservations.
CANCELLATION AND REFUNDS:
Guest should notify Agent immediately if they have to cancel the reservation following Confirmation. Any applicable cancellation fees may be avoided if Guest purchases Travel Insurance.
Cancellation of rental at any time after Confirmation has been issued may result in forfeiture of all amounts paid. Unless Agent is able to re-book the property for the dates of cancellation, all rental funds paid are non-refundable. Refund of amounts paid for rental and services will only be made under the following circumstances:
(1) If, on the day that the rental is scheduled to begin, the Property is unfit for habitation and no equivalent substitute can be obtained, or the Property is not reachable by the usual means of transportation, or access to the Property by visitors has been prohibited by authorities; or
(2) The Property is re-booked for the same time period and at the same rate of initial booking. If a portion of the rental time is re-booked or the Property is rented for a reduced rate, a pro-rata refund will be made.
All refunds, whether in whole or in part, will be subject to a deduction equal to 20% of the total rental rate. Agent strives to accurately represent its villas and condos in all marketing media. If Guest is disappointed or unsatisfied with the Property due to differences in taste (including, but not limited to, decor, accommodations, and location) or any other reason and declines to stay at the Property, this will be considered a cancellation and no refund will be issued. Arrivals after the check-in date, departures prior to the check-out date, and reduction in number of guests are non-refundable.
The hurricane season officially runs from June 1st through November 30th. Agent will keep Guest advised on a storm’s progress and provide updates on leaving St. John before the local government closes the ports and eliminates the option of leaving. Agent highly recommends that Guest purchase Travel Insurance if the dates of Guest’s stay are during hurricane season. If Guest does not have Travel Insurance to cover the rental amount and storm conditions affect Guest’s stay, Agent will refund:
The rental rate and hotel tax from the date Guest vacates the Property, or
The rental rate and hotel tax for the dates the Guest is unable to arrive at the Property.
Alternatively, Guest may opt to leave the funds with Agent to be applied to their nest rental.
To protect against loss from cancellations caused by certain unforeseen events, including, but not limited to, arrival to or departure from St. John due to natural disaster or hurricane, Agent provides an option for the purchase of travel insurance to recover loss of pre-paid, non-refundable, unused payment. Contact Agent at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain travel insurance to protect your vacation investment.