Stay Safe and Healthy!
USVI TRAVEL ADVISORY:
All travelers, 5 years of age and older, to the Territory must use the Travel Screening Portal at www.usvitravelportal.com to submit the required Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) test results prior to traveling to the Territory. USVI Commissioner of Tourism Joseph Boschulte confirmed that travelers who do not comply with the requirement and who do not receive clearance from the online portal will be unable to board an aircraft to the Territory. Additionally, all travelers five years of age or older who arrive by marine vessel are also required to receive certification from the portal prior to arriving in the Territory. Travelers should produce their original test result and travel certification received from the portal upon arrival for examination by local officials.
Acceptable COVID-19 test results can be obtained from:
a COVID-19 molecular (e.g., RT-PCR, viral or nucleic acid amplification) test from a nasal or throat or saliva swab sample taken and NEGATIVE result received (within five days of commencement of travel to the Territory)
a COVID-19 antigen (rapid) test from a nasal or throat swab sample taken and NEGATIVE result received (within five days of commencement of travel to the Territory)
a COVID-19 antibody finger stick or blood draw test and POSITIVE result received (both within 4 months of commencement of travel to the Territory)
Commissioner Boschulte clarified that new Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) travel requirements related to COVID-19 for all air passengers arriving in the United States do not apply to persons traveling or returning directly from the U.S. Virgin Islands to the U.S. mainland. The requirements, which go into effect on January 25, 2021, do apply, however, to international passengers arriving in the United States, which includes the U.S. Virgin Islands, from a foreign country (i.e., anywhere that is not a state, territory or possession of the United States).
The Tourism Commissioner and public health officials in the USVI are encouraging residents and travelers to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and to continue complying with testing, mask-wearing, and social distancing requirements as the vaccination may limit the severity of COVID-19 illness but does not prevent a person from being infected with the virus or spreading it to others. Travelers should note that vaccination does not supersede the Territory’s COVID-19 testing requirement.
At Governor Albert Bryan Jr.’s weekly press conference on April 29, 2021, he confirmed that the ‘Safer At Home’ phase of the USVI re-opening strategy would continue until June 1, 2021 at which time the the Territory would be moving from the yellow Safer At Home tier to the blue Open Doors tier to reopen the USVI to travelers.. This means that most businesses that were deemed non-essential for the purposes of the public health order are now allowed to re-open.
Governor Albert Bryan Jr. has issued a 24th Supplemental Executive Order that eases restrictions put into place because of the COVID-19 pandemic, including raising the passenger limits on taxis and allowing patrons to sit at the bar in restaurants and club
There is currently no curfew in the Territory but bars, restaurants and other businesses must close by 11 PM.
Per the Governor’s previous statements, restaurant and bar guests must be seated at a table, served by wait staff, and must not be allowed to stand around the bar counter, or congregate around the bar or outside of the venue. Seated patrons may order food, alcohol, or both, as long as they are seated at a designated table or at the bar with adequate social distancing.
Customers must wear a mask or proper facial covering when entering the restaurant. However, they can take off the mask while eating and drinking. “Once you are seated, you can take off your mask, but once you get up to move around, your mask must be on,” said Governor Bryan.
Hotels, Vacation Rentals and other lodging businesses continue accept leisure travel guests. Beaches are all open with no restrictions.
Finally, the Governor announced that permissions have been granted to local low enforcement to delve out fines to individuals who are not complying with mask and social distancing mandates. It is a universal order in the Territory and its public spaces that any two people who are not of the same household need to wear a mask. The fines could be as much as $1,000 per individual.
WE WELCOME YOU TO ST. JOHN
Now that we are once again open to visitors, it is important that all visitors know that we are committed to providing a safe environment that aligns with expert protocols for mutual protection. Visitors are reminded that face coverings are mandatory when entering all businesses, stores, restaurants and markets – when in doubt – Wear Your Mask! Visitors can be assured that our rental properties all meet or exceed current cleanliness and disinfection standards necessary to help protect our guests, staff and island residents from the COVID-19 virus. We have modernized our guest arrival process to allow for optimal social distancing procedures and use of face coverings needed to ensure the safety of our guests and all our staff members. Our goal is to provide for the seamless transfer of guests from public transportation on St. Thomas (airlines, taxis and ferry boats) directly to their private vacation rental on St. John.
Travel and Island Expectations
The United States Virgin Islands has implemented COVID-19 TRAVEL PROCEDURES for all travelers to the territory. Please review the current travel guidelines at the following link while making your travel plans and prior to your arrival:
For daily updated information on all US States Covid-19 positivity rates go to https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/testing/testing-positivity.
The travel form required to enter the USVI can be downloaded on the site above or here at https://usviupdate.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Travel-Form.pdf.
Additionally, the Governor of the Virgin Islands holds regular press conference announcements (normally at 1 pm on Tuesdays) which can be viewed at www.facebook.com/GovernmentHouseUSV.
UPDATE ON CIMMARON PROPERTY MANAGEMENT CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICIES:
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, Cimmaron has made the following modification to our Cancellation and Refund Policies. Cancellation of rental at any time after Confirmation has been issued may result in forfeiture of all amounts paid. All rental funds paid are non-refundable, except under the following circumstances:
“If within thirty (30) days of the day that the rental is scheduled to begin, the Guest requests cancellation and provides written verification of circumstances beyond their control which were created as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic that prevents them from traveling to the Virgin Islands and/or staying at the Property, Cimmaron will offer to reschedule Guest to a future time and date or provide a refund of the total amounts paid, less a 20% administrative fee.“
All other provisions of the Cimmaron Cancellation and Refund Policies remain in effect as outlined on the CimmaronStJohn website at https://www.cimmaronstjohn.com
To protect against loss from cancellations caused by certain unforeseen events, including, but not limited to, arrival to or departure from St. John due to natural disaster or hurricane, Agent highly recommends that Guest purchase Travel Insurance to recover loss of pre-paid, non-refundable, unused payment. Contact Agent at email@example.com to obtain travel insurance to protect your vacation investment.
Cleaning, Disinfecting & Sanitizing Our Vacation Rentals
We have redefined our cleaning and disinfecting standards to provide our guests with complete peace of mind that their accommodations are completely cleaned and disinfected for a safe and enjoyable guest experience. We are continually monitoring and evolving our solutions to ensure a continued focus on the health and safety of our guests, staff and island residents. All arriving guests will be provided with complimentary face masks for each member of their party and a 4 ounce bottle of hand sanitizer for use during their stay on St. John.
Occupancy and Arrival/Departure Times
The following provisions have been implemented to ensure that the required cleaning, disinfecting, and sanitizing activities can be completed prior to each occupancy. Our Guest Services coordinator will email guests prior to their travel to advise of any changes in occupancy or times of check-in and check-out at their villa or condo.
- Generally, check in time will be no sooner than 3:00 pm on the day of arrival and check out time will be no later than 10:00 am on the day of departure. NOTE: Airlines strongly recommend that travelers be at the airport a minimum o 3 hours prior to flight departure.
- If a same day turn of occupancy cannot be otherwise scheduled, the departing guest may be required to check-out not later than 8:00 am and the arriving guest may not be allowed to check-in until 6:00 pm.
Healthy Travel Tips
While you are preparing for your vacation, thinking about your health should be one of the many things on your list. Because of this, we want to share some wise travel tips that will help keep germs at bay.
- Get plenty of sleep before your flight
- Wash hands frequently
- Avoid touching your mouth, nose and eyes
- Stay hydrated before and during your trip
- Sanitize hands frequently when you don’t have access to soap and water for washing your hands
- Bring sanitizing wipes to disinfect your space
- Wear face covering at all times when in close proximity to others and above all practice ‘Social Distancing’ whenever possible.
Getting to the St. John
- Transfers from St. Thomas Airport to St. John
- Public taxis are available outside the baggage claim area at St. Thomas airport. These taxi vans will provide transport to either the Crown Bay Passenger Ferry or to the Red Hook Passenger Ferry terminal.
- Private Taxis are also available to take arriving guests from the St. Thomas airport directly to either the Crown Bay passenger ferry or the Red Hook passenger ferry terminal. Contact our Guest Services Coordinator prior to departing from home to arrange for this service upon your arrival in St. Thomas.
- There are several private taxis who are associated with water taxis that are available to pick up guests at the St. Thomas airport and deliver them to either Crown Bay or Red Hook for connection with a water taxi. These private water taxis will will take guests directly to St. John. Contact our Guest Services Coordinator prior to departing from home to arrange this for service upon your arrival in St. Thomas.
- Private rental cars are available for rent in St. Thomas which can be taken on the car barge ferry to St. John. Several agencies have counters located at the St. Thomas airport and there are other locations near the airport. Guests should make reservations in advance and prior to arriving in St. Thomas.
- Through special arrangements with select St. John Car Rental companies, a private rental car may be available to meet you at the St. Thomas airport, drive you and your party directly to the car barge ferry in Red Hook for final transport to St. John. Upon arrival on St. John you will be delivered to the rental car office to finalize the rental agreement for your vacation rental car. Contact our Guest Services Coordinator for details and to arrange this service.
- Getting to your Vacation Rental Home on St. John – In order to abide by all the criteria regarding ‘Social Distancing’ prescribed by the Government of the Virgin Islands, all of our staff personnel (including your Greeter) have been advised to adhere to established masking and social distancing guidelines Guests will have received all necessary arrival information in advance of their arrival from the our Guest Services Coordinator.
- Arrival at Vacation Rental Home
- Property Orientation and Access to Information – Upon arrival at the vacation rental property, your Greeter will provide a brief orientation of the villa and amenities and provide keys and a guest information binder for the property. All guests in the party will be required to wear facial coverings (masks) during the entire orientation. All guests will have been given advance information on how to download the free HappyStays Guest App . This App provides complete and specific information about all the features and amenities found at the rental property as well as a video presentation which provides an ‘in-person’ orientation to the property and St. John in general. The HappyStays App also has an abundance of general information to help visitors get around and enjoy all the amenities and features found on St. John.une