Vacation Home Sales & Rentals – Professional Property Management from Cimmaron Property Management Inc.
Telephone: (340) 715-2666
Fax: (340) 774-1440
Cimmaron Property Management, Inc. is wholly owned and operated by David and Robin Conro and operates exclusively on St. John in the US Virgin Islands . This business was formed in 2004 and over time has evolved to a duly licensed and fully insured real estate services and management company. We are dedicated to providing comprehensive real estate services including; residential home and condominium sales, professional St. John property management & maintenance and vacation rental marketing, management and on-island guest services.
Our real estate brokerage business operates under the trade name Cimmaron Vacation Home Realty. David L. Conro is the Principle Broker and stands ready to offer St. John home owners and buyers from around the world his unique and personalized approach to vacation home real estate sales and management on St. John.
Complementing our real estate sales activities is our professional property and rental management services business – Cimmaron St John. We are aggressive promoters of St. John as a preferred vacation destination and through our affiliation with numerous professional associations such as the Vacation Rental Managers Association and Discover Vacation Homes, our brand enjoys national and international recognition as a premier St. John property management company. We are now a vacationer’s first choice for the highest quality vacation rental homes and condos available on St. John.
Many of our proven property management principles and unique approaches to management and maintenance have resulted, to a great degree from experiences we had with Cimmaron Builders, Inc., our successful general contracting business on St. John from 2002 to 2009. During this time, a significant percentage of work that we did was repair/rebuild projects at vacation rental homes and condos that had suffered with little or no routine or preventative maintenance. As we successfully completed the repair and renovation work at these properties, owners began to request that we manage and provide maintenance for their property. After a significant number of property owners signed on with Cimmaron for management we created Cimmaron Property Management, Inc. and today we provide comprehensive professional management services throughout St. John. Our advanced management and maintenance programs insure that all of our managed properties are the cleanest and best maintained properties on St. John. Guests who stay at a Cimmaron St John managed property WILL look forward to their return visit to St. John and to staying at one of our villas or condos!
ST. JOHN PROPERTY MANAGEMENT AND RENTAL AGENCY
Contract Term: Initial term one (1) to three (3) years.
Property Management/Maintenance: Cimmaron accepts full fiduciary responsibility for the property acting as Owner’s Agent in all matters pertaining to the care and operation of the property. Management services we typically provide include, but are not limited to:
- 24/7 year around availability for Owner’s and Guests;
- Development and implementation of comprehensive preventative maintenance programs and schedules;
- Conduct physical property inspections and evaluations at least twice each month;
- Supervision and coordination of all service providers for the property, such as Maintenance, Landscaping, Pool/Spa Service, Housekeeping, Pest Control, Local tradesmen/sub-contractors, propane and water delivery, etc.;
- Coordination for necessary labor and materials for securing the property in advance of any approaching tropical weather system;
- Ensure that all required payments (from Owner escrow funds) of Owner’s bills related to the operation of the property are made in a timely manner; and
- Preparation and delivery of comprehensive monthly statements of all receipts and disbursements on account for the property and detailed monthly invoices for all expenditures and income.
Management Fee: A monthly management fee may be required in consideration of the responsibilities, 24/7 availability and basic services provided by Cimmaron for property management and maintenance. The monthly management fee, if any, will be determined based on discussions with Owner regarding the level of services requested and evaluations of the property by Cimmaron Property Management, Inc.
Rental Management: Services relating to marketing and managing vacation rental activities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing programs designed to maximize the rental of the property to desirable tenants, including the advertisement and marketing of the property on www.cimmaronstjohn.com and other vacation rental marketing channels utilized by CimmaronStJohn;
- Develop terms and conditions for the rental of the property including the amount of rent;
- To obtain short-term rental agreements for occupancy at the property and to collect all rents and other receipts relating to the property;
- To coordinate occupancy for the property – maintain the property availability calendar;
- To collect VI Hotel Tax and pay all sums due to the VI Bureau of Internal Revenue on or before due date; and
- Maintain books of account showing all receipts and disbursements in connection with the rental of the property.
Guest Services: For each occupancy at the property by rental guests, owners or owner’s non-revenue guests (collectively Tenants), CimmaronStJohn will provide the following services:
- Walk through inspection of the property prior to Tenant arrival to verify operation of lights, systems, appliances and electronics; check cistern water levels, propane quantities and to ‘stage’ the property for guest arrival;
- Walk through inspection of the property following Tenant departure to insure lights and air conditioners are turned off, keys are returned, remove trash and perishable food items, check for items left behind by occupant and to conduct a property damage/missing items check and to secure all doors and windows;
- Coordinate each guest arrival by determining airline flight arrival times, transportation to ferry terminal and estimated arrival time on St. John. Meet and Greet guests (including Owner guests if requested) upon arrival on St. John; assist with getting rental car, guide to property and provide orientation to the property and St. John; and
- Provide a ‘Welcome Bag’ with snacks and drinks and a ‘Guest Binder’ at the property with detailed information on the property and information on attractions and services on St. John. All guests additionally receive an invitation to download our comprehensive free Mobile App prior to and during their stay on St. John.
Rental Management and Guest Services Fee: Cimmaron will receive a commission equal to 30% of the gross rental amount for each rental of the Property that is obtained by CimmaronStJohn.
Guest Services Fees: In cases where either the Owner or any other rental agent secures a rental for a Cimmaron managed property and Cimmaron provides the Guest Services as outlined above, Cimmaron will receive a commission equal to 15% of the gross rental amount for each such rental of the property.
Whether a property is in the short-term rental market or just available for an owner’s part-time enjoyment, Cimmaron knows first-hand the unique challenges of maintaining and managing St. John properties. Our professional staff works diligently to achieve the highest standards in overseeing the management, maintenance, and financial operation of our managed properties.
Cimmaron assures villa and condominium owners that their property is being well maintained – physically and financially – so that they and their guests will always look forward to their next stay on St. John.
References are available upon request.